Parkhill Health Care provides Migraine Treatment in Bolton
- Intense headache on the side of the head/both sides of your head.
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound.
- severe throbbing sensation that gets worse when you move, does it prevent you from carrying out your normal activities?
The migraine can last between four hours and few days although you may feel very tired for up to a week afterwards.
Migraines often develop in stages;
- Prodromal stage – changes in mood, energy levels, behaviour and appetite that can occur several hours of days before an attack.
- Aura – usually visual problems, such as flashes of light or blind spots, which can last for five minutes to an hour.
- Headache stage – usually a pulsating or throbbing pain on the side of the head, often accompanied by nausea, vomiting and or extreme sensitivity to bright light and loud sounds which can last up to 72 hours.
- Resolution stage – when the headache and other symptoms gradually fade away, although you may feel tired for a few days afterwards.
How to get rid of a migraine through electro acupuncture in Bolton
Electro acupuncture may be the solution for you. Electro acupuncture is the application of a pulsating electrical current to acupuncture needles as a means of stimulating the acupoints. The procedure for electro acupuncture is to insert the acupuncture needle as would normally be done, attain the qi reaction by hand manipulation, and then attach an electrode to the needle to provide continued stimulation. The benefits of using electrical stimulation are:
- It stimulates for prolonged hand manoeuvring. This helps assure that the patient gets the amount of stimulation needed.
- It can produce a stronger stimulation, if desired, without causing tissue damage associated with twirling and lifting and thrusting the needle the needle. Strong stimulation may be needed for difficult cases of neuralgia or paralysis.
- It is easier to control for frequency of the stimulus and the mount of stimulus than with hand manipulation of the needles.
- Electro acupuncture is a quick treatment, it rarely exceeds 45 minutes.
Parkhill Health Care have been working in the Migraine field since 2008. Dr Soleymani did a lot of pioneering work for treating migraines and we had an 80% success rate for treating migraines.
Does electro acupuncture hurt?
The answer is no. The electrical Stimulation devise stimulates about 10-80 milliamps depending upon the selected setting. It will provide a significant voltage 40-80 volt, which is the basis for the patient response. There is virtually no current transmitted through the body but there is enough voltage stimulus for the patient to feel it often this will a pulsating sensation because of the intention of using a waveform that is perceptible.